Monday, July 23, 2012

Launching Centers

I've been working diligently in my classroom trying to fine tune everything.  This year I am hoping to implement Literacy Stations in a rotation, so I'm moving rearranging my desks, book shelves, tables, etc. 

How does everyone organize thier literacy centers?  Do you have the students rotate to a "teacher station" or do you pull them out of their center?  I see pros and cons doing it both ways.

I intend to have the following stations:
  • Reading
  • Technology (computers, iPad, listening, etc)
  • Word Work
  • Poetry
  • Writing
  • Teacher Station (??)

I need to grab some inviting pillows for my reading center & laminate my labels.  Then, I think I'll be all set. 

Also, do you wait and introduce centers after a few weeks? Or do you start week 1 while you are introducing rules.  I have heard that "easy does it," when it comes to centers.  So, maybe introduce one center each week?  I'd love to have some feedback. 

Pictures coming soon of stations & my new room arrangmenet!

No comments:

Post a Comment